24 Jul - 27 Jul 2009 Kuching


Malaysian Borneo
Sarawak aka Land of the Hornbills
Jalan Tabuan 24
May’s Borneo B&B +60145823100 borneobedbreakfast@yahoo.com
Basic double room with air-con for MYR 30.- or US$ 8.40 per night; wifi free of charge.
Laundry: MYR 6.- per kg.

Click below for an interactive road map of May's Borneo B&B in Kuching and for directions:





 



Calibrating Matt's Magellan GPS, greasing Konni's Leatherman Multitool and buying a few bottles of Sarawakian "organic and natural" but rather ineffective insect repellent (some kind of snake oil based on citronella oil, jojoba oil and tea-tree oil), thus preparing our upcoming upriver journey on the 560-km long Batang Rajang deep into the interior of Borneo, right into the heart of darkness and into potentially dead dangerous head-hunter country - once again we are back on a mission.

I saw you this morning.
You were moving so fast.
Can’t seem to loosen my grip
On the past.
And I miss you so much.
There’s no one in sight.
And we’re still making love
In My Secret Life.

I smile when I’m angry.
I cheat and I lie.
I do what I have to do
To get by.
But I know what is wrong,
And I know what is right.
And I’d die for the truth
In My Secret Life.” 


Taking a local taxi (MYR 18.- or US$ 5.-) from Kuching to the Pending Express-boat Wharf  and then the Ekspres Bahagia ship (1st-class ticket for MYR 45.- or US$ 12.50 per person, one way, for the 230-km long combined sea and river journey, with a cruising speed of 25 knots over ground, about five times faster than SY “Kamu II” through the Suez Canal) across the South China Sea and then upriver on the lower Batang Rajang to Sibu, a rough frontier town and the third biggest city in Sarawak, located at the confluence of the Rajang and Igan Rivers, some 60 km from the South China Sea, with a population which is dominated by Chinese especially the Foochow as well as indigenous Melanau, Iban and Malay.



Visit our Konni & Matt Online Albums and order high-res travel photos
Konni & Matt Travel Photos


Recommended gear - click below for your Amazon order from Canada

For Amazon schnaeppchens from Germany, please click here
For Amazon bargains from the United States, please click here
For Amazon bargains from the United Kingdom, please click here